Saturday, November 5, 2016

Pictures from our Utah/Wyoming Trip

The girls and I flew out the weekend before Brian drove to join us. That was nice of him, huh?





After a late late night- I think we got to bed around 2 AM--we left the next morning for a family reunion in Wyoming for my mom's side, the Brighton side.  It was very confusing for Scarlett since she knew we were flying to visit Utah.  She still refuses to accept that this place we drove 5 hours to was Wyoming.




The girls were soo tired on this trip.  Scarlett passed out almost every day, and she never takes naps at home. It made them easy on the road as they'd almost always fall asleep.

Here's the view from the guest house in the barn we slept in.  The better people slept in tents.  I was a single mother serving two children so I got the house pass. All this is my cousin's land that he farms. So beautiful.

Here's a view of Heather and John's house from the balcony of the barn guest house at 6 AM.


 That afternoon we drove about a mile or so downstream and gently floated the river to where it meets the Falls' backyard.  Scarlett fell asleep about 10 minutes in.  She jumped in and swam, got cold and cuddly, then POOF she was out.  I loved it.
Heather and John surprised our return with a bouncy house rental.  Alice actually took a four hour nap while we floated the river and woke up to her own personal carnival.  The girls ate it up.  Scarlett still talks about getting a bouncy house.

Indiana is Heather and John's daughter. She and Scarlett (2nd cousins) really hit it off.  Wherever Indie was, I was sure to find Scarlett.  So cute.

And let's not forget the pony rides.  Scarlett was very nervous, but I think she enjoyed herself a little. I was ecstatic!


Alice was so good and calm while we rode Goldie. She adores any animal.



The last night in WY I spend the night all aloney on my owney on a comfy mattress outside.  My mom woke up once with Alice to give her some milk.  At almost 18 months she still struggles to sleep through the night unassisted.  Its aging me 10 years. I woke up at 6 AM quite refreshed, having had a nice break from crying.


On Sunday we took all our little kids to church and doubled the small town WY ward. After that, we packed up, ate lunch, and finished our party with a little volleyball at a park. Here is Heather, Ledger, Alice and I looking real cute before we said goodbye.
Then on the road again to Grandma's house. There were some occasional rainstorms, and Ben and Ashley hydroplaned off the freeway on their way home. Luckily, they were okay and their car was not totaled. After we made it to Ogden, Grandpa Davis and my dad went to rescue them.

We visited Sarah's new house in Farmington.

And decided to stop for some Farmington Station shopping on the way home.  


We went to the Weber County Fair with Grandma Maureen
Right before church with the Greens.  Yay Brian's joined us!

Ditched the children for a double date to Laser Tag and Arcade games at Fat Cats. 


Morning Tea



Temple Date
LAGOON with our Green cousins.
Green Family Pictures.  I almost pulled all my hair out, but these two finally agreed to get it together at the last second.


Tried on Maureen's blonde curly extensions.  Tada!  Long hair in two seconds!

Drove the 20 hour drive back home.  Yech.  They did well, though. Alice woke up every time we stopped to gas up, but she would always float back to sleep.  It was rough on Dad though, he doesn't sleep well in cars.

No comments:

Post a Comment